Thursday, August 8, 2013

Being thankful for what you have

 
 
 
~Looking out my back door~


Its hard to be thankful every day.  Its just how (most) of us are - Always wanting a better job, bigger house, more money, more farm land or what have you.

Taking time to sit back and realize most of us have what we need - Roof over our heads, food, clothes our health-

Some days we eat veggie pizza or rice or beans and a lot of homemade bread - It gets old but we have it.  We have deer when its in season and chicken when I go butcher some.  I cannot tell you the last time we bought meat at the store or had beef.

  99% of our clothes are hand me downs, thrift store finds or something of that nature. 

We have 7 kids in 2 bedrooms.  They are still little so it works - but I don't seeing us getting anything bigger ever so it will always work.  

Why shouldn't this all be enough?  Back in the day a woman could raise 10 children in a 2 room shanty with out air conditioning.  There was no stores or restaurants to grab something quick.


I am thankful I choose to be a stay at home mom.  I know it isn't something everyone can do or wants to do but its what I wanted and it took some talking into with my husband before the birth  first daughter. 

It has taken me 10 years to be at peace and thankful for what we have - Sure it would be nice to have cars that are not 26 and 15 years old - But you know what, they both run like a dream, are nice and clean and do what we need them to - get us from point A to point B safely.

Point is there are some things beyond our control but make the most of it and live each day to the fullest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment