Thursday, August 8, 2013

Where am I going?

Sorry Im been MIA the last couple (4) months.  Ive been overwhelmed.  Planning homeschool, working on the garden, decided to sell our milk cow, farmers market,  Mr Homesteads car kicked the bucket and had to get a new one, trying to make a real go of my soap business, about to break out my sewing stuff, potty training, teething, blah, blah, blah....

And Ive been wondering what direction to take the blog - recipes & cooking -  off grid - prepping -- DIY- Craft tutorials-

Truth is Im all over the place.  I do a little of this and a little of that. 

I am making the commitment to post at LEAST 3 times a week. Don't know which 3 days but it will happen. 

So here is where I am at - We are raising rabbits again for food.  We have breeding quality Californians. 4 does and a buck and 3 Californian cross does.   Still have a couple of our dairy goats but they are dry.  Have several Buff laying hens and white Brahmas for replacements. 

Have about half my stuff together for the kids school this year.  Hoping this year will be hugely productive.  I only have 2 in diapers so YAY me!  I have figured it up.  In the last 9 years I have changed APPROXIMATLY 35,000 diapers.  I know it sounds like a lot but I have 7 kids and they have all but one been in diapers for 2.5 years.... That's the conservative #  I think its closer to 45,000.

So in essence I have taken about 61 days of my life changing dirty diapers...

I have taken 2 months off from working out.  Plan to start back Monday.  I think I had posted about it before but I lost 106 pounds in 10 months last year after having my last baby.  She just turned 1 year in June. 

I have a horribly wonderful addiction to making soap, hair bows and clothes. I rarely sleep more than 3 hours and my brain dosent shut off till I am so tired that I  cant hardly function.  As soon as the alarm goes off  (if I stay asleep that long) I jump up immediately and get to breakfast & chores.

The garden is doing ok - we are getting monsoon like rains here in mid Mo so you sink 3" every time you step off the porch. 

Ok now that you have a little window as to what is going on,  I need to get new batteries for my camera and get my next blog posts ready!

1 comment:

  1. If you are passionate about all those things, then post about all of them I say! I think there is room under the Homestead umbrella for all of it. We are all made of little pieces of a million things :)

    ReplyDelete