Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Possiable Newsletter -

I have always LOVED getting newsletters in the mail.  Something other than a bill just puts a smile on my face.

Yes I know its wonderful to have all the new devices with kindle, nook and so on.  I don't  have any of those.  I have bought e books but there is something about holding a book in your hands that just feels good to me.

I would rather have 1000 books than a mini computer that houses them all.  Call me old fashioned. 

We used to get a dairy news newsletter years ago.  We usually got one every other month.  It was a highlight for me.  To be able to sit down when I felt like it and read up on recipes, tips, different ways of doing things, toss it on the table and pick it back up again when I wanted. Or keep it on the shelf and be able to reference something later on.

We are wanting to take a step back and get away from the hustle and bustle (more so than we already are, if that's possible) I am still going to write on my blog and facebook page!  This will just be more in depth, be a place to help each other connect and have a more personal feel.

What I am thinking is either a monthly or simi-monthly publication.  We are still looking into pricing but it would be very reasonable.  All articles would pertain to the season or time of year.  We would have a small classifieds section and a Q&A section for your questions.  Recipes and a DIY....Articles on various farm and homestead subjects....

Whats your thoughts or ideas?  I really want to know!



1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way :) would LOVE getting a newsletter!

    ReplyDelete