Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

Well we got a little rain last night!!! Told John I figured the cow would calve out with the front moving thru. Shes been dripping milk for a week.

So when I got up and started making blackberry pancakes (per Johns request) and as I was washing out the batter bowl I looked out the window just as the sun was starting to rise and screamed!

John had just went out and already had the horses in the barn and was putting hay out but hadnt gotten around to checking on everything yet.

This is what I saw......



Hes is the cutest little thing! Of course its a bull calf but thats good! just means a little meat in the freezer later on. I always feel inclined to keep the heifers.

So John got blackberry pancakes, a pair of work jeans, and a bull calf for Fathers Day ;)

Dont know if I am more excited about the fresh milk, butter or cream.....OOOOH Blackberries and cream!!! I cannot wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting!! Good job momma cow!! I really enjoyed reading this, it gets me a little excited to have a cow or two someday!!

    ReplyDelete