Monday, April 1, 2013

Homestead Sunday Dinner Rolls

I cannot tell you where I found the base to this recipe.  I wish I could remember.  I have tweaked it some over this year or so and LOVE the way this turns out! This is my Sunday bread recipe.

 MAKE SURE you let it rise the full 2 hours the first time around. 


2 cups super warm tap water
1/3 cup honey (1/2 cup if you like it a lil' sweeter)
2 tablespoons yeast
2 large eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp salt
7 (+/-) cups bread flour
 
 
Add in water, yeast & honey.  Mix till blended and let stand 5-7 minutes till foamed

Add in eggs, oil and salt - again beat till well blended

Add in flour a cup at a time.  Each till well blended.  Stop adding flour when the dough is still a tad sticky and just starts coming off the sides of the bowl.

I use my Kitchen Aid mixer with a dough hook but I have totally done this by hand also.  If you are using your KA or other stand mixer turn it on low/med for 7-8 minutes or if you are kneeding  by hand about 12-15 minutes.  Should be soft and stretchy.

Put dough in greased bowl and cover with wax paper or plastic wrap.  LET RISE 2 FULL HOURS! (trust me its worth it!)

Punch down and let rest about 5 minutes

Divide out into 24 pieces and form into rolls.  This will fill 2- 9x13 greased pans (12 in each pan)

Cover again and allow to rise 30-40 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Pop in rolls and immediately reduce oven to 350 degrees

Cook for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.

ENJOY!! 



1 comment:

  1. looks like some baked buns that we eat great Day of Prayer, which we call "hveder" they taste terrific, the only difference is that we get a little cardamom in which taste flavor...
    Bettina
    Denmmark

    ReplyDelete