Monday, April 1, 2013

White Bread Recipe!

I wrote this a week or so ago but was having issues with Blogger vs my laptop!!


So I had some time today.  Hubster is off pushing snow (again) and Im here holding down the fort.  I actually have 5 minutes to myself and in my goal to post more, here I am.

House Wife Homesteads Simple White bread~


2 Cups very warm water
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil ( Canola, or Olive Oil)
5-6 cups flour

In large bowl pour in water, yeast, & sugar and let proof for 5 minutes.
Add in salt, & oil into the yeast along with 1 cup of flour at a time until no longer sticky.
Kneed dough by hand till smooth and has slight stretch about 12-15 minutes.  (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer for 7-10 minutes)
Oil a bowl and roll dough in it to cover all side with oil.  Cover bowl and let rise 1 hour or till doubled.
Punch down and let rest 5 minutes.
Divide in half and shape into loaves.
Place in well greased loaf pans and let rise again 30-45 minutes till around 1" or so above pan.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

Use this for a base for just about anything.....pizza, rolls, calzones, cinnamon rolls, garlic bread.....



1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!!! This is the only recipe where the bread didn't turn rock hard on me in less than 3 days, I actually had it for a whole week and it was still delicious and soft! Now I'm about to make Submarine buns with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete